This post focuses on the work I accomplished as part of the Treeherder team during the last half of last year.
Some work I already blogged about:
Deprecated the taskcluster-treeherder service
Create performance dashboard for AWSY
I September I created a performance dashboard for the Are We Slim Yet project (see work in bug 1550235). This was not complicated because all I had to do was to branch off the existing Firefox performance dashboard I wrote last year and deploy it on a different Netlify app.
One thing I did not do at the time is to create different configs between the two branches. This would make it easier to merge changes from the master branch to the awsy branch without conflicts.
On the bright side, Divyanshu came along and fixed the issue! We can now use an env variable to start AWFY & another for AWSY. No need for two different branches!
Other work I did was to create a compare_pushes.py script that allows you to compare two different instances of Treeherder to determine if the ingestion of jobs for a push is different.
I added a management command to ingest all Taskcluster tasks from a push, an individual task/push or all tasks associated to a Github PR. Up until this point, the only way to ingest this data would be by having the data ingestion pipeline set up locally before those tasks started showing up in the Pulse exchanges. This script is extremely useful for local development since you can test ingesting data with precise control and having
I maintain a regular schedule (twice a week) to release Treeherder production deployments. This guarantees that Treeherder would not have too many changes being deployed to production all at once (I remember the odd day when we had gone 3 weeks without any code being promoted).
I created a process to share secrets safely within the team instead of using a Google Doc.